Tuesday 2 August 2016

Teacher Idara


Teacher Idara



This crazy day, my heart was pounding really fast. It felt like my brain was going to explode. I held my head with both hands as I slept off. ‘What’s wrong with me?’  I had been thinking, I was tired of the status quo. 
What status quo? The way Nigerian teachers are perceived and the way the ‘developed world’ perceives Nigerians.


I am a young teacher who has given seven years to the profession and every day I say to myself, “I couldn’t have chosen a better profession.” I remember what my teachers looked like and how they related with me (not interesting). So, every day, I have made conscious efforts to become a teacher, the teacher I wish my own teachers could be.

In a nutshell, I aim at using this blog as a tool in bringing awareness of the new breed of Nigerian teachers and helping more teachers break free from the status quo. Also, I would enlighten Nigerians all around the world about the country,Nigeria, most average Nigerians know only a little about her. I look forward to your honest and constructive point of view as we sail. 

20 comments:

  1. Well done Idara. I look forward to contributing to your blog. There is hope yet for teachers and the educational sector in Nigeria. Those of us who have been called into this noble profession have got to give it all it takes. More grace to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much ma. I appreciate all your support all these years and do not take it for granted.

      Delete
  2. Kudos idara, I will happy to contribute. 21st century teachers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mildred. I look forward to your contributions.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go dear Teacher Guider Idara. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete